Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Writing Lesson

During our writing time we have been discussing the 6 +1 writing traits. Currently, we are working with the trait: Voice. (If you are interested in learning about the 6+1 Writing Traits click HERE.) I would like to share with you all a written response to a R.A.F.T. prompt. (To learn about RAFT click HERE.) Below is the assignment and written response by Oz.

Role- Momma Frog
Audience- frog eggs
Format- letter
Topic- growing up

Dear Frog Eggs,
Here you are today in little white spheres. One day you will pop out and take your first breath. And, as time passes you will soon be swimming around. Do not be startled when legs pop out, it's normal. You will soon be a fully grown frog and as you grow you will learn things, but here are the most important things: Always do the right thing. Life is not fair... deal with it! And, stay away from snakes!

Love,
Momma Frog

4 comments:

Mama Demelza said...

Hilarious! Samuel H. says that you should write funny stories for a living. I agree! That was really entertaining. Written like a pro. What a well thought out RAFT response! Mama D

oz333 said...

Hi. It's Oz.I guess
that was my first time being on the blog. I see Demelza's comment but I just dont think it was that good. Beside'sit was only a couple of paragraph's.O'well. Anyways thanks for putting me on the biog.
Oz

Charlotte said...

My dear Oz,
I think your frog writing was great! So cute and creative, I could picture the Mama frog talking to her babies as I was reading it. You are a very talented writer! I read what you wrote to Demelza's comment. It is good to be humble but you also want to remember to have pride in what you do, especially since you do it so well!!! XO, Mom

collifish said...

Hey Oz,

Remember me? Your second grade teacher? You used great voice in your RAFT entry. It reminds me of the snake and the frog down at the creek -- remember that? Momma Frog might want to warn baby frog to stay away from snakes!!!

Take care,
Ms. Merideth